The new Tampere higher education community’s TUNI domain user account (tuni user account, tuni account) will be created automatically according to person’s right to study or written contract made in HR services.
Tuni user account will give you access to the joint electronic services of the higher education community, and to most of the electronic services of Tampere University. Find more info on logging in to the electronic services.
Activate your user account
Start using your user account by activating it as follows.
- Go to website id.tuni.fi (also password.tuni.fi) with your browser.
- Choose User account activation and password management – Go
- Click Start Activation button to activate your new account.
- Click Authenticate button and authenticate yourself for the activation service with Finnish banking access codes, mobile signature or ID card.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and accept them by clicking I accept the terms and conditions
- Set a password for your tuni user account.
- The password must be at least 10 characters long.
- The password must include big and small letters and numbers or special characters.
Click Change password button, after you have given your password to both of the fields and they turn green.
- In the Ready! page you will see your new tuni user account and @tuni.fi email address. Welcome to use them in the Tampere higher education community’s joint electronic services in the turn of the year!
If you do not have online banking access codes, you can activate the user account in the IT Helpdesk service point. Be prepared to verify your identity.
Change your password
Log in to the password setting service on the right hand side of the window. Use your current tuni user account and password or authenticate with Finnish banking access codes, mobile signature or ID card.
If you do not have online banking access codes, you can get a new password by visiting the IT Helpdesk service point. Be prepared to verify your identity.
Please change your password:
- often enough in order to ensure your own computer safety, e.g. every six months
- every time you suspect an outsider may have had access to your user account and password
NB! The IT Helpdesk may change the password for you if you are unable to do it yourself.
Additional user rights
Apply additional user rights for higher education community’s new electronic services starting 7th January at
Apply additional user rights for old electronic services according to your old organizations earlier instructions.
User accounts of the old organisations
The user accounts of the old organisations are still in use in several electronic services during the transition period.
You still use the old user account in several services to log in, especially in your staff role. For example log in to your work computer with the old user account. Find more info on logging in to the electronic services.
When your user account expires
Your user account will expire 7 days after your right to study or contract has ended. When your user account expires, the email address related to it also expires. It is not possible to set a forwarding address or an automatic reply from an expired email address.