NEW TAMPERE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY 2019
At the beginning of 2019 the libraries of the University of Tampere, Tampere University of Technology and Tampere University of Applied Sciences merged into the library of the new Tampere University. It provides library services to the University and the University of Applied Sciences. This temporary page tells you about the changes in library services.
E-resources: be prepared for breaks at the turn of the year
- New library offers e-resources both to the students and staff of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Other customers can use our e-resources on the library premises.
- Be prepared for breaks in e-resources at the turn of the year – Read more
- Save your own e-resource accounts/folders – Read more
Search services of the new library
- The Library’s search services are Andor and TuniLib that replaces previous Tamcat, Tutcat and TAMK Finna. Andor and TuniLib are in use in 2019 before the implementation of the new library system.
- Use your TUNI user account to log in to the new search services.
About the library card
- Your current library card / student card is not automatically usable at all library units. If you want to borrow or reserve printed books from all units, come and activate your library card / student card at one of our six units. Bring also your ID with you.
Change in lending practices: journals are not borrowable
- With this change, we aim to ensure availability of the journals.
We serve at the former library premises
- The Library serves in the former UTA, TUT and TAMK libraries’ premises:
• Linna, City Centre Campus
• TAMK Main Campus
• Arvo, Kauppi Campus
• Hervanta, Kampusareena on Hervanta Campus
• TAMK Music Academy, Pyynikintori (Pyynikki Square)
• TAMK Mediapolis, Tohloppi
Opening hours mainly unchanged
New library’s website
- is here: tuni.fi/en/library
- Also follow the Changes in services site in the universitys’ intranets.